- I love those holiday feels…..
But once home, how quickly are they lost or forgotten, back to the day to day, normal life resumes. So I have set out to recreate some of those feelings and experiences at home, I want that all the time not just on holidays!
What tickles your fancy….
A cosy chair and cuppa watching the sun rise. An inspiring spot to roll out a yoga mat. A hammock to read a book or listen to a podcast. A bar area for cocktails, friends and a laugh. A family table for dinner and board games. A day bed to lie on and gaze at the stars.
Here are some steps to create you resort holiday feel –
- Theme and Concept:
- Choose a specific theme or style that embodies the holiday resort feel you’re aiming for. It could be tropical, Mediterranean, beach-inspired, or any other style that resonates with a vacation vibe.
- Landscaping and Greenery:
- Incorporate lush greenery, tropical plants, and vibrant flowers to mimic the lush landscapes often found in resorts.
- Consider adding palm trees, bamboo, or other exotic plants to create a tropical ambiance.
- Use potted plants and decorative planters to bring color and life to your outdoor space.
- Outdoor Furniture:
- Invest in comfortable and stylish outdoor furniture. Look for lounge chairs, daybeds, hammocks, and outdoor sofas with plush cushions and pillows.
- Choose materials like rattan, wicker, teak, or wrought iron that are commonly seen in resort settings.
- Relaxation Zones:
- Create distinct relaxation zones within your outdoor space. Consider a lounging area, a dining area, and perhaps a reading nook or meditation corner.
- Hang hammocks or swinging chairs for a laid-back vibe.
- Use outdoor lighting to set the mood during the evening. String lights, lanterns, and soft ambient lighting can create a magical atmosphere reminiscent of a resort.
- Consider using solar-powered lights for an eco-friendly touch.
- Colors and Textures:
- Stick to a color palette that evokes a holiday feel, such as whites, blues, teals, vibrant and cheerful or sandy neutrals.
- Incorporate textures like natural wood, rattan, and textiles to add depth and comfort.
- Outdoor Kitchen and Bar:
- If space allows, set up an outdoor kitchen, BBQ or a bar area. This can enhance the vacation experience by allowing you to prepare and enjoy meals and drinks outdoors.
- Entertainment and Activities:
- Integrate outdoor entertainment options such as a fire pit, outdoor speakers, or a projector screen for movie nights under the stars.